MQ Visual Edit Overview
The MQ Visual Edit v1.6.4 application allows users to view, manipulate and manage messages in a queue of a WebSphere MQ (formally MQSeries) queue manager and presents the data in a simplified format similar to a database utility or spreadsheet program.
MQ Visual Edit is a great tool for application programmers, JMS developers, quality assurance testers, and production support personnel. The tool allows for quick problem solving because the data is presented in a very logical and insightful manner.
MQ Visual Edit can run on any platform that supports Java v1.4 (or higher). This includes: AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Mac OS X, OS/2 Warp, Sun Solaris, Windows 95/98/ME and Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7. MQ Visual Edit is able to connect to local queue managers (residing on the same box) or to any remote queue manager.
The remote queue managers can be on any platform that supports distributed queuing including: AIX, HP-UX, Linux, OS/2 Warp, OS/400 (iSeries), Sun Solaris, Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7 and z/OS (OS/390).
MQ Visual Edit has been designed to support Java's Multi-Language environment. Full language support for the following languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, and Spanish
- MQ Visual Edit supports SSL for connecting to remote queue managers.
- MQ Visual Edit supports 3rd party security exit for connecting to remote queue managers.
- Ability to open and display multiple queues from multiple queue managers.
- Ability to add, open and manage favorites.
- Ability to compare the contents of a message on a queue to a file. Differences are highlighted in a dual-display window.
- Import / Export all messages or selected messages to / from a text file or multiple text files.
- Backup / Restore all messages or selected messages to/from a file. The backup includes both the MQMD and the data. Great for replaying messages.
- Print a selected message.
- Generate a report to PDF or RTF or HTML document from one or more messages
- Ability to edit / update the message's MQMD fields.
- Ability to compare a message to a file and highlight differences.
- Supports Copy / Cut / Paste between other desktop applications.
- The user can edit the message in a Hex Editor (also EBCDIC mode available)
- The user can view their messages in a XML tree (via the builtin XML Viewer)
- Support for well-known WMQ messages formats: MQMD, MQRFH, MQRFH2, MQCIH, MQDEAD, MQIIH, MQXMIT, MQHSAP and SMQBAD.
- Management of messages: Copy, edit, duplicate, delete, print and forwarding of messages
- Management of the queue: Clear, backup and restore of a queue.
- MQ Visual Edit now defaults to using the VisualStudio2005 Look and Feel theme. The OfficeXP and VisualStudio2005 Look and Feel themes are provided by Robert Futrell's open source project called: OfficeLnFs.
- Includes 4 Stress Testing Tools: Get Server, Put Server, SIM Client and SIM Server.
- Includes 3 Monitoring Tools: Monitor Queue and Monitor Stats Queue.
- Includes 6 'Other Tools': Visual Difference, Hex Converter, Hex Editor, Text Editor, XML Editor and Tail File.
Note: For any of the MQ Tools or Other Tools, you can have unlimited number of them running (up to what your box can support).
Stress Testing Servers:
- The Get Server will continuously consume messages from a queue and show statistics of its current state.
- The Put Server will put messages to a queue. It can be used to stress test a 'Server Component'. The user can start multiple copies of the Put Server to stress your server. The user can control the feed by putting a delay between puts. The message data can be from a screen text box or from a text file or from a VEQ Backup file (this file can contain many messages with MQMDs - therefore, the Put Server will send sets of messages.).
- The SIM Server will continuously consume messages and send a reply message for each incoming request message. The message data can be from a screen text box or from a text file or from a VEQ Backup file (this file can contain many messages with MQMDs - therefore, each request message the SIM Server will generate multiple reply messages.).
- The SIM Client will put request messages to a queue and retrieve a message from a reply queue. It can be used to stress test a 'Server Component'. The user can start multiple copies of the SIM Client to stress your server. The user can control the feed by putting a delay between puts. The message data can be from a screen text box or from a text file or from a VEQ Backup file (this file can contain many messages with MQMDs - therefore, the SIM Client will send sets of messages.).
- The Queue Monitor will continuously monitor the queues of a queue manager displaying the Queue Name, Current Queue Depth, Max Queue Depth, Open Input Count, Open Output Count, Get Enabled / Inhibited and Put Enabled / Inhibited.
- The Queue Stats Monitor will continuously monitor the queues of a queue manager displaying the Queue Name, Put Rate (enqueue rate), Get Rate (dequeue rate), High Queue Depth and Max Queue Depth.
- The Visual Queue Depth will continuously chart chart the queue depth of up to 30 queues. JFreeChart is the charting component used to display the real-time queue depths chart.
- The Hex Converter tool can convert a hexadecimal number to its corresponding string representation and vice versa. i.e. 0x'3132333041424344' to '1230ABCD'.
- The Hex Editor is a simple multi-purpose HEX editor. The Hex Editor supports multi-file editing.
- The Text Editor is a simple multi-purpose plain-text editor. The Text Editor supports multi-file editing.
- The Tail File is a simple multi-purpose plain-text editor. The Tail File supports monitoring of multiple files at the same time.
- The XML Editor is a simple multi-purpose XML editor. The XML Editor supports multi-file editing.
- The Visual Difference is a simple file to file comparison tool. It visually displays differences between 2 files. The differences are hightlighted: Green for inserts, Red for deletions and Blue for changes.
The MQ Visual Edit application is a shareware product. The free trial period is for 30 days (no nag screens). All features are available but you are limited to 1 queue manager.
|Product||Price (USD) *||Ordering|
|MQ Visual Edit (Single license)||$99.00||Order Now|
* Volume discounts available for as low as $74.00 USD per license.
- Each licensed user will receive:
- Full version of MQ Visual Edit (no expiration date)
- Free updates / upgrades to any version 1.x release.
- Free email support
|Other MQ Visual Edit Licenses:|
|Site License*||Site License* for MQ Visual Edit sells for $10,000 USD. A site license will allow a company to have unlimited number of people use MQ Visual Edit at ONLY one site or complex.|
|Enterprise License*||Enterprise License* for MQ Visual Edit sells for $25,000 USD. An enterprise license will allow a company to have unlimited number of people use MQ Visual Edit at an unlimited number of locations.|
* Plus 15% yearly maintenance and support fee.